Saturday, May 23, 2020

Chapter 12 and Appendix What the Future Holds and A Heartfelt Apology

Chapter 12

The author makes tentative predictions regarding converged corporations and, once again, encourages the reader to take action in his own sphere of influence.

Appendix

Pax Dickinson offers an apology to journalist Amanda Robb for a series of inconveniences she was subjected to in attempting to interview him . . . unsuccessfully.

So it looks like we'll be starting Dante's Inferno next week. I've read the whole thing myself (in translation) at least once before, but it's been over a decade. In my experience, the text itself goes fairly quickly. The real slog is getting through all the footnotes which explain the various historical circumstances. We'll start off doing 2 cantos a week and see how that pace does for us.

If you know anyone who might be interested in joining for that book, please pass this on.

Also, personal update. I had my knee surgery Thursday afternoon. I currently have an enormous swathe of bandages wrapped around my knee and am still somewhat incapacitated. The good news, though, is that now I should start actual healing instead of slowly getting worse.

Thanks for your prayers on this, guys. I look forward to your final thoughts on Corporate Cancer, and it should be interesting starting The Inferno next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment