Saturday, March 14, 2020

Chapter VII The Conduct of Professor De Worms and Chapter VIII The Professor Explains

Chapter VII The Conduct of Professor De Worms

In which Gabriel Syme, leaving the anarchists' meeting, is pursued with inexplicable vigor and persistence by the crippled, elderly Professor De Worms.

Chapter VIII The Professor Explains

In which we find out who the professor is, or, rather, who he is not.

First, relevant to the book discussion, we still need to decide on what is our next book. If you haven't yet, please check out the previous post and offer your input.

Second, not relevant to the book discussion. This blog is not about me personally, so I don't usually mention my own life, but I'm anxious about something coming up, and could use some support & prayers.

I like to go running. The last few months of last year, I was running something like 20-30 miles a week . . . up until late November, when something went wrong with my knee. I'm wearing a knee brace regularly now, and most days, it's hurting by the end of the day anyway. I went to see a doctor and he said it looked like simple inflammation and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. Well, that didn't fix it. Called the doc again, and they scheduled an X-ray and MRI for this Monday morning.

Maybe it's almost nothing. Maybe it will require surgery to fix. Maybe it can't be fixed and I can't really ever resume running, which would be quite painful for me. So if you can pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

Heck, for that matter, my wife has a minor surgery this week too. It's routine, but prayers for a quick recovery would also be appreciated.

Like I said, this blog isn't really about me, and I don't intend to let my personal life intrude, but this is weighing on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment