Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Another bright moment of the Crusades

So Syme has been enlisted in "The Last Crusade". Now, as I've said before, Chesterton's poetry is shamefully unknown. One of his best, which I memorized about 3 years ago, and still can recite mostly from memory, is a story of the Crusades, specifically, the Battle of Lepanto. I present my own recitation of Chesterton's Lepanto.


Now, while this is a stunning poetic recounting of the events, it is also nice to have a bit more sober historical analysis as well. For that, I present a video by Real Crusades History.


For that matter, if you've had the displeasure of dealing with aggressive atheists who insist on nonsense like "religion poisons everything," I present Lt. Col. Tom Kratman's essay on the subject Where Was Secular Humanism at Lepanto?

We'll continue with chapters V and VI on Saturday. See you then, and I look forward to continued discussion of chapters III and IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment