Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The convergence of Christian organizations

I was planning a different midweek post entirely, but yesterday I was browsing Facebook (And yes, yes, I probably should disconnect from Facebook. I know it's a bad idea.) and I saw something that struck me on Focus on the Family's page.

First, I saw this article:
 

Oh, look it's an interracial married couple. How nice. Focus on the Family is fighting that nasty racism.

Then, just a few minutes later, I see this:

Oh, two interracial couples in their article pictures in one day . . . despite such couples being a distinct minority in the U.S. It . . . it almost appears as if they're selling something. It almost appears as if they're promoting interracial marriage.

Now, I'm not going to say interracial marriage is unbiblical or unchristian. I will, however, say that it is a bad idea. In the U.S., interracial married couples have much higher rates of domestic violence and divorce than white married couples. So why, why, why would a group supposedly for the purpose of promoting strong, stable families promote this?

Oh, it's so they can't be called racist. They have accepted the moral framework of the left and are trying to defend themselves within that framework. I mean, it's obvious to us that it won't work. There is literally nothing you can do short of complete surrender on every issue for the left to stop calling you racist (or homophobe or antisemite or whatever term of abuse is convenient). It won't work for them, and if they continue with this strategy, they will be endorsing homosexual "marriage" and turning 8 year old boys into eunuch "transgenders" shortly.

Acceptance of any point of the social justice agenda is poison. And, by the way, if you are a parent and you love your children, you should strongly discourage them from interracial relationships. In this world, it's hard enough to be a good spouse and a good parent already. We shouldn't be making it more difficult than necessary just to score brownie points with people who hate us.

(Oh, and allow me to emphasize, I was not searching for this kind of thing. I wasn't going out looking for examples. I just stumbled across while browsing as I usually do.)

By the way, if you want an example of just how badly this can go, and you have some time to listen, this conversation with Stefan Molyneux is illuminating . . . and disturbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment