Saturday, February 15, 2020

Chapter I The Two Poets of Saffron Park

In which we meet our hero, Gabriel Syme, a poet. Gabriel Syme engages in a friendly argument with another poet Lucian Gregory about the nature of art, anarchy and order. The chapter ends with Gregory offering Syme a cryptic and perilous challenge and Syme accepting.

If you are new to the group, here's how it works. Sometime over the course of the week, post your comments, questions, and thoughts on this chapter and read and reply to others' thoughts.

Most of the chapters are about this long, so before the comments on the text itself, I'd like to ask all of you: Should we do one chapter or two a week. If most people say one, I'm fine with that. If people want two, I think that could work also.

Thanks, and remember, hide any spoilers for future chapters in the comments using <spoiler> </spoiler>. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment